How much does it cost to rent a Baltimore storage unit?
Do you need to rent a Baltimore storage unit? If you do, then you should know how to find the best one available to you. Whether you are looking for short-term storage or to store your items after downsizing, you should find a storage unit that has everything that you want. Your unit should be safe, have enough space for all of your items, and also be budget-friendly. You can ask your movers Baltimore if they know the price range. In any case, here is what you need to know about renting a Baltimore storage unit and about their prices.
Different types of storage options
There are two types of storage that you should consider.
- Full-service storage – storage facilities that offer full-service will come to pick up your items. You can also schedule an appointment right from your smartphone. This means you do not have to organize a pickup and deliver items on your own since the company will do it for you. In addition to this, many facilities will take photos and document your items. If you forget which items you stored, you can check your online inventory list.
- Self-storage – the most popular option is self-storage. However, you have to deliver your items, document them, pick them up, and so on. These storage units are as safe as full-service ones, but they are more affordable. This is a better option when you are moving and have to pay long distance movers Baltimore.
Where to find and rent a Baltimore storage unit?
You can find a Baltimore storage unit by asking your friends and family for recommendations. If you know that someone already rents a unit, ask them if they are satisfied. This is a good way to avoid renting a unit in a horrible condition. In addition to this, you can search on the Internet. Just type in storage units near me and see what comes up. Since people can post anything and everything on the Internet, make sure to read reviews about storage facilities. See if people are generally satisfied with their units, services, customer support, and so on. Also, make sure to visit the storage unit you wish to rent before signing a rental agreement. Lastly, your moving company might offer storage services as well. If you are already pleased with their moving services, then you can just storage services to your bill too.
The size of a storage unit
When you want to rent a Baltimore storage unit, you have to choose the right size of your unit as well. Most storage facilities offer five sizes minimum, such as 5’x5’, 5’x10’, 10’x10’, 10’x15’ and 10’x20’. In addition to this, you can find larger ones if you need to. Both self-storage and full-services storage facilities offer these sizes. However, the price of full-service storage units depends on the number of bins and boxes you want. When thinking about which size you need, make sure to leave enough space so you can move freely inside. If you overstuff your unit, you will have to take everything out so grab one item that you need unless you know how to pack your items properly. Having said this, you should not rent a unit that is too big. This time you will be paying for the extra space you are not using.
Rent a Baltimore storage unit – the price
The cost of a storage unit depends on many things. The first one would be how long you want to use it. Self-storage facilities offer month-to-month contracts. This is a good option if you are not sure how long you need to rent a Baltimore storage unit. Full-services facilities mostly offer a 3-month contract. However, this does not apply to all of them. In addition to this, size also affects the costs of a storage unit. The bigger the unit is, the higher the costs are. Lastly, special units, such as the climate-controlled unit are more expensive. The average price for a small self-storage unit in Baltimore is around $30 while the large one is around $100. Still, keep in mind that these prices do not apply to every unit. For more information, contact your storage facility and ask them about their prices and special discounts.
Things you should look for in a storage unit
The next set of factors you should consider when you want to rent a Baltimore storage unit.
- Climate control – if you plan to store valuable items, fragile items, documents, electronics, then rent a climate-controlled unit
- Accessibility – see if you can access your unit 24/7. Are they open on holidays? Make sure to have all these answers
- Security and protection – see how many locks it has, does it have video monitoring, in-person surveillance, and so on
- Prices and contracts – are they transparent with their fees and policies
- Lighting – how well is the facility lit? How quickly they change broken lightbulbs?
- Online reviews – if a storage facility has predominately negative reviews, then find another one
Insurance for your items
Before storing your items, you should get insurance. This especially applies if you plan to store valuable items. You can then ask for an insurance claim if something happens. This includes possible damages or robbery. In addition to this, you should check with your storage facility about the insurance. Some facilities offer their insurance for free, some at an affordable price. For this reason, it would be wise to consult your insurance agent. Make sure to check if you already have insurance or if you should get one.
How to rent a Baltimore storage unit
As you can see, these would be all the tips when you want to rent a Baltimore storage unit. The price will depend on all the things mentioned in the article. For this reason, see which unit you need for your items and contact several facilities to ask them about their prices. Only then you can be sure about the costs of renting one.