Top family friendly activities in Washington
Besides being the capital of the United States, Washington can be a great family vacation destination. It is a beautiful place with a rich history and interesting sightseeing spots. In addition to this, maybe you are planning to move to this city. Since relocation can be quite stressful, especially for kids, you should help them relax after the move. You can ask movers from Allstate moving and storage for some fun places to visit when they deliver your items. However, you can also prepare in advance. Therefore, here is a list of top family-friendly activities in Washington.
Family-friendly activities in Washington – Best museums for kids
When long distance movers Washington DC deliver your items, then you have to dedicate your time to unpacking and decorating your home. In order to relax and spend some time with your family, you can visit the following kids’ friendly museums.
- Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum – perfect for children who are interested in space and aviation.
- National Museum of American History – entrance is free. In addition to this, you can see Abraham Lincoln’s top hat, Dorothy’s ruby slippers from “The Wizard of Oz” and the first artificial heart.
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History – it is the most-visited natural history museum.
- International Spy Museum – take your small detectives to learn about espionage. In addition to this, listen to stories from the real spies, and take a look at their weapons and tools.
- National Children’s Museum – as the name suggests, the best museum for kids.
Outdoor activities for kids
Not all children are fans of museums. For this reason, your kid is lively and prefers sports over a walk, here a couple of suggestions.
- National Mall – here you can see Lincoln Memorial, Korean War Veterans Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, FDR Memorial, the Washington Monument, and many other beautiful places.
- National Harbor Marina – there are many family-friendly attractions and activities here such as taking a spin 180 feet above the Potomac on the Capital Wheel or visiting one of the many playgrounds in the area.
- Old Town Alexandria, Virginia – this village has fewer tourists but yet many family activities such as the town scavenger hunt or the waterfront park.
- National Cherry Blossom Festival – a beautiful festival that takes place in March and April. Additionally, you can participate in the kite festival, see a parade, and enjoy many other activities.
The list of family activities in Washington is not over yet. Therefore, here a couple of more suggestions.
- Smithsonian National Zoo – this zoo has over 2,700 animals and many family programs.
- National Gallery of Art – for art lovers where you can participate in workshops, watch a movie and listen to a story.
- Play N’ Learn – a huge indoor and outdoor playground.
- Badlands – an indoor playground. In addition to this, it has a café for parents.
- White House Tour – tours are free but you have to schedule.
- Clemjontri Park – it has a huge playground.
- Catch a Pro Sports Game – anything from NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, and WNBA games.